Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday cleaning...

I usually don't do any extensive cleaning on Sundays since I would rather spend time with the family, however this was a group effort! Charlie (yes my husband) wanted to clean the carpets. Not just vacuum but steam clean them. We bought a steam cleaner many years ago and have used it a handful of times.

First, my job was to reassemble the vacuum cleaner. Yes you read right. I broke it the other day...wether it was user error or old age but the belt broke. I got the replacement belt and some new filters for it yesterday so I had a fresh vacuum...almost like new! While I was doing that Charlie enlisted Ava's help to move furniture. Again you read right. Ava was placing sliders under the feet on the couches so Charlie could move them. Time to vacuum.

After I finished the vacuuming we attempted to steam clean...however due to some unforseen issues it took longer than anticipated to get started. It wasn't squirting water into the carpet properly. Whatever, Charlie kind of fixed, enough so that we were able to clean the carpets and voila...the carpet is fresher than when we moved in! We had to do this because of Jetta...its not easy house training a puppy!

The pictures were taken while the floor was drying...hence Charlie playing his new video game!

 Clean carpets!


FYI the floor is now dry and all the furniture has been placed back in its home!

No comments:

Post a Comment