Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall desserts...yummy!

So this past week I decided to embark on some extra baking. I love desserts and my sweet tooth is apparently out of control right now...so I indulged myself a bit!

First off I made pumpkin scones. I've never made scones before but I believe they turned out ok. They tasted pretty good. The recipe made 12 and I froze half of them for later! I probably could have used more icing like the recipe called for but I didn't feel like it. :) Ava really enjoyed them so I'm not going to be the only one enjoying them! The recipe was found through Money Saving Mom's website...its an awesome website btw! No pictures for this one but you can see what they look like by checking out the link.
http://theshoeboxkitchen.wordpress.com/2010/10/06/pumpkin-scones/


Next up...apple pie! MMMMMM.....one of my favorites! Can't say enough good things about it! My sister gave me this recipe a while back and it is my go to...always get rave reviews from others! Last time I made it I even made homemade pie crust. It wasn't hard to make, just hard to roll out without it sticking to everything...the taste though was amazing. However, Pillsbury makes pretty phenomenal pie crusts too so I used that this time. Once again an amazing pie. Only 2 pieces left and I made it 2 days ago. Pictures aren't that great...my other lens for my camera is broke and haven't gotten it fixed.



Last up to make...pumpkin bars.  My mom made those every fall while I was growing up and were always such a treat! I finally got the recipe for it and was able to make it. Let me just say it tasted just like I remembered! Moist and yummy! I was going to freeze half the pan but decided to give Charlie some to take to work so there is less than half left, but that is a good thing seeing as I have no self control around desserts! :)



That is all I have made this week...it seemed like so much more but it did take a while to peel and core the apples...excuses, excuses. I am hoping to make some sugar cookies and decorate those with Ava this weekend! I love sugar cookies!

Happy fall baking!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love the cutout on your apple pie, and I see the pumpkin bars have lots of cream cheese frosting!

    ReplyDelete