Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weekly Meal Plans

So lately I have been creating meal plans every week. It helps me when I go to the store to only buy what I need and to make sure I have everything I need for the week. So far it's been working. It's definitely not saying its saving me a ton of money but hopefully in the long run it will.

Not only am I doing the meal plan I am making a lot of my meals from scratch...hence it's a little more expensive that way. I have been combing through recipe sites, cookbooks and friends blogs to come up with these meal plans. I honestly will say we have not had the same thing more than twice this past month(and that is usually hamburgers/brats). What can I say, I have a picky family who likes variety to their meals. :)

Anyways, just wanted to share with you some pictures from my dinner yesterday...I made homemade french dip sandwiches with au jus and sweet potato french fries.  I got to smell this bad boy cook for 7 hours in my crockpot yesterday. Yum is all I have to say. What we didn't eat...went in the freezer for another day!


1 comment:

  1. nice job! I do meal plans too!! I find in the long run it def helps save alittle b/c i'm not buying random things to create a meal.

    ReplyDelete