Thursday, September 8, 2011

love/hate relationship :)

Consignment sales. Love 'em for the bargains but hate 'em for the lines! Anyone else feel that way?

Olivia and I went to one this morning. I was so excited...the thrill of the hunt was just moments away. When I arrived I quickly perused the big items to make sure I didn't need any of those before they got away. If you haven't been, the good(and decent priced) items go fast.

Moving on to the clothes I faced a dilemma. Who do I shop for first? The oldest? The new baby? Or do I start with Olivia? I decided to go with Olivia. I found a lot of cute things, some were way overpriced(for a resale anyways) and some were just crappy. I found my selection of good used clothes and moved on to shoes for her. BTW...I do try and keep items under $5 if I can help it. Any more than that may as well buy new. Shoes were my downfall for Olivia...4 pairs. Oh well. A girl can never have to many shoes :)

Next we hit the big girl clothes. I do tend to have a hard time with Ava and clothes. She is developing her own tastes which are different than mine(naturally) so I only picked out 1 sweater, one long sleeved shirt and a pair of jammies for her. Hopefully she will like it and not push it to the back of the closet.

Of course I had to buy some things for baby #3. No we don't have a name yet, still working on it. I picked her out some winter jammies and a few outfits. Come on, Olivia was born in June, I had to get some new season appropriate clothes! Don't want the baby to freeze on the way home from the hospital!

All in all I think I did well for myself. I think my grand total was around 125 for all my items. Quick round up : 8 long sleeve shirts, 8 jammies, 7 outfits, 1 dress, 1 warm up suit, 1 sweater, 4 pairs of shoes and a jacket.

The worst part of the day? The 45 minute line I had to stand in for checkout. This is why I HATE consignment sales!

The best part of the whole day? My little shopper was a trooper, she did get fussy while at the store but mommy forgot food and drink for her...my bad. However, she did fall asleep on the way home. That is priceless!

 So sweet!

 My loot! All this for $125!

 Favorite shoes! Only $3!
Cute jacket from the GAP for Olivia! Only $7!

No comments:

Post a Comment