Monday, August 8, 2011

And so it begins...

Today was the first day of school. My baby is starting first grade today. First grade. I can't believe that she is that old to be in first grade. Needless to say she did not get much sleep last night because she was so excited. She has been waiting for this for weeks now...especially since we met her teacher last week. She was up bright and early this morning, around 530, while Charlie's alarm was going on. She told me she was trying to find us because she thought we would be up...yeah right! I finally told her to go back to bed which of course she didn't do because "the sun was up".  She was fine getting on the school bus...I, however, got slightly emotional and felt like crying...stupid hormones. I still have Olivia here to keep me company today as I anxiously await the school bus this afternoon...at 4:10 to be exact...to pick up my baby and make sure no one was mean to her at school and that she had fun. Wish me luck!

 Her excited face for school.

My precious girl waiting for the bus.

 Of course Olivia had to wish her sister good luck on her first day of school!

 This was a hard picture to get...Olivia kept wanting to walk away.

 Silly girl!

 So sweet!

The bus is here!

3 comments:

  1. She did have a good first day! She has definitely gotten back into the whole school routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got teary eyed just looking at the pictures! Where did my little Ava go?!

    ReplyDelete