Thursday, May 17, 2012

Garden update

So we've made progress on our garden...and we've had some issues with the garden...those mainly being the dogs eating the plants or digging in the garden. Oh well. So we finally built 2 "raised"garden beds. They weren't that raised...we had to dig in the ground to actually get it level...whatever.

In one of the beds we planted corn. I'm pleased to say we have lots of corn plants now! Yea! In the other bed we had planted carrots, beans, broccoli, tomatoes and peppers. Unfortunately this was the one the dogs liked to eat. We now only have beans and possible some carrots that I replanted. The rest were eaten or dug up. My sister has so generously given us some more tomato and pepper plants so I will replant those in that bed. Our watermelon plants were dug up and eaten as well. I will try to plant some more. Our blueberry bushes have given us a handful of blueberries, however the berries had been eaten by something. Maybe next year they will do better! My basil has not grown that much...not sure what's going on there...will try again.

All in all it's not too bad and I'm really excited about the corn and beans...since they have the greatest potential right now!

 Our new raised garden bed!

 Harper doing her part in building the raised bed!

Baby corn!                                                                      Baby beans!

They are bigger now too! And I added some more beans since they were doing well!

2 comments:

  1. Where is your basil? Is it getting too much or too little sun? Did you plant it in fresh garden soil? Mine is doing great and it gets more shade then sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having my own basil! I dont start from a seed though, im not that good. I buy a plant and keep it going from there! Hope the rest of your veggies do well!!!

    ReplyDelete