Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Early Christmas Weekend

So this past weekend the girls and I loaded up the car on Thursday and started our early Christmas weekend. First up on our agenda was going to see the Nutcracker at the Fox Theater with Charlie's sister Megan. I have never seen a ballet before and it was amazing! We had great seats and the performance was amazingly beautiful. The skill the dancers possess is just ridiculous! It was fun to get dressed up to attend the ballet, however, by the end of the night my poor little toes and legs were so swollen the walk back to the car was literally painful. (Almost done!) We spent the night at my in-laws and had a yummy Waffle House breakfast!

After breakfast the girls and I loaded up again to head to the other side of ATL to visit with my good friend Stephanie from nursing school. We hung out at her place and the girls all had a good time playing! Jetta even got to roam free in their awesome fenced backyard, however she did take the liberty to break out and end up waiting for us in their garage! Go figure!

After that we headed down to Auburn to celebrate Christmas with my family. The whole family was there(minus Charlie--work again) and it was great to hang out together. I finally got to see Breaking Dawn with my bestie Audrea! I never go to the movies anymore so that was a real treat! The next day we met another friend of mine, Kayla, at the park and the girls had a good time playing there as well! We did manage to get a little last minute shopping in before we had dinner and opened presents! Unfortunately there was a fiasco while I was gone involving Jetta, Ava and a fish from my dad's pond. I'm not entirely sure what happened and the only witness was Ava but somehow a fish was laying in the grass next to the pond and Jetta was by it...Ava said she had it in her mouth...who knows...the fish was returned to the pond unharmed. Anyways, presents were opened and fun was had by all.  :)

The next day we headed home early so we could take Charlie to the doctor for some back pain he has been having. We had a great time this past weekend. I didn't use my camera alot so I don't have that many pictures. Oh well.
Uncle Todd and Ava.

 Olivia raiding the presents under the Christmas tree.

 Ava relaxing on the couch...it wasn't that cold :)

 Melissa and Matt opening presents.

 Olivia opening her bowling set. She likes it :) She doesn't know how to bowl but she likes the music and the ball. :)

 Ava and her Monster High doll...I still don't get the appeal of these things.

1 comment:

  1. I still don't get those Monster High dolls either! Children

    Merry Christmas and thanks again for the presents! I took pictures of them and will post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete