Monday, August 27, 2012

Gone Fishin'

So last week was my birthday! Yeah! In honor of this momentous occasion, Charlie and I went to the beach. We were offered a free place to stay so we eagerly took up that offer! The girls got to stay with my MIL so off we went!

We wanted to do something fun on this trip and tossed around a couple of ideas and we finally settled on deep sea fishing! So little ole me who doesn't eat seafood wanted to go fishing, go figure. I thought it would be fun, and boy was I right! So the boat we signed up for ended up being hit by lightning and wouldn't start. So at 6:30 in the morning we are wandering around the marina trying to find another boat to take us out. Thankfully we found a boat and we happily signed up for it. This trip was actually 2 hours longer than the first one but it turned out perfectly.

The weather was awesome, not to hot, not to cold, not to breezy, etc. We drove out about 1.5 hours and started fishing. We would fish in one spot for a little and depending on how everyone did we would pick up and move or stay a little longer. So this went on all afternoon.  We caught a lot of fish and had to throw back a lot of fish, due to it being out of season. Towards the end I started giving the fish I caught to a nine year old boy who was fishing by himself(?!?), I mean who lets a little kid go deep sea fishing by himself the first time?
Anyways, we had an excellent time, our first trip without and kids since our honeymoon 5 years ago! Crazy! It was definitely needed for this tired mama!

Update: So I fixed some fish that we caught for dinner tonight and it was good! There may be hope for this land lover after all!


Our boat for the day!


We ate at AJ's the night before for dinner. Tried some shrimp and tuna steak!







Heading out!

Ok, so I skipped the middle part of the trip, but hey, I didn't want to get fish blood/guts on the camera ok? :)


This is me saying hurry up and take the picture, these fish are heavy and I don't want to touch them with my hands! This is Charlie's and mine combined fish haul, we did better but remember I gave some away and we had to throw some back!

Cutting and cleaning our fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment