Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Growing a garden

So with the warm weather we have been doing a lot of work outdoors. This year we decided to grow our own garden! All of us are very excited about it, especially Ava. She helped my plant the seeds for our garden and has been diligent with taking care of them! Our little garden will have carrots, broccoli, green beans, watermelon, tomatoes, basil, and blueberries. I believe my sister will be coming and bringing us some more plants...peppers maybe, sorry Melissa I don't remember that conversation that well! Anyways, we are hoping to build a raised garden bed to put our plants in once they have sprouted. I have to bring out the woodworking side of me to do this though, we'll see how that goes! I can't wait to see how our garden will turn out!

 getting ready to plant!

 our blueberry bush!

 after planting
 olivia at the playground today...she has recovered from her bad week!

marigolds and petunias for our front porch.

2 comments:

  1. So, broccoli grows in the fall/spring here in the south :) It probably won't do very well now-too warm, unless of course, the rest of April stays in the low 70's (highly unlikely). It also may be a little too warm for the carrots too. Maybe you can save those seeds for the fall? One more thing, I am assuming you meant to say petunias. They are pretty though. I do have some peppers and tomato plants I will be bringing out next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! you caught me...mom brain! well...we still have plenty of seeds if these should fail!

      Delete